Dr Ataullah Siddiqui is a Reader in Religious Pluralism and Inter-Faith Relations at the Markfield Institute of Higher Education where he was also the Director of the Institute from 2001 to 2008. He is a Visiting Professor at the University of Gloucestershire and a Visiting Fellow at York St. John’s University. He was founder President and Vice Chair of the ‘Christian Muslim Forum’in England, and a founder member of the Leicester Council of Faiths.
- Christian-Muslim Relations
- Interfaith Relations
- Islam and Pluralism
- Islam in/and the West
- Muslim Chaplaincy
- Islam in South Asia
- Training of Religious Leadership -Imams and ‘ulama
His publications include:
- Beyond the Dysfunctional Family: Jews, Christians and Muslims in Dialogue with Each Other and With Britain (edited with others) London: The Manor House Abrahamic Group (2012);
- British Secularism and Religion: Islam, Society and the State (edited. with others) Markfield: Kube Publishing (2010),
- Christians and Muslims in the Commonwealth: A Dynamic Role in the Future [co-edited 2001].
- Islam and Other Faiths [a collection of Ismail Raji Al- Faruqi’s articles] (1998).
- Christian-Muslim Dialogue in the Twentieth Century (1997),
He is also the author of a government report:
- Islam at Universities in England: Meeting the Needs and Investing in the Future, 2007, which may be downloaded from here.
He has contributed chapters and articles to several books and journals.