Dr Ataullah Siddiqui is a Professor in Christian-Muslim Relations and Inter-Faith Understanding at the Markfield Institute of Higher Education where he was also the Director of the Institute from 2001 to 2008. He was a founder President and Vice Chair of the ‘Christian Muslim Forum’ in England, and a founder member of the Leicester Council of Faiths.
- Christian-Muslim Relations
- Interfaith Relations
- Islam and Pluralism
- Islam in/and the West
- Muslim Chaplaincy
- Islam in South Asia
- Training of Religious Leadership -Imams and ‘ulama
His publications include:
- Forthcoming "Portrayal of Christianity and use of Christian Sources in the Tafsir-i Sanai of Sanullah Amritsari (d. 1948)" International Journal for Asian Christianity2019
- (2018) Pope Francis, Islam and Dialogue’ in Kasimow, H & Race, A (2018) Pope Francis and Interreligious Dialogue: Religious Thinkers Engage with Recent Papal Initiatives, London: Palgrave Macmillan. pp.169 - 180.
- (2017) Sir Syed Ahmad Khan and the Honour of the Prophet: the Danish Cartoon Crisis in Perspective’ in Kidwai, A.R. (Ed) Sir Syed Ahmad Khan: Muslim Renaissance Man of India – A bicentenary Commemorative Volume, New Delhi: Viva Books. Pp. 308 – 321.
- (2014) ‘Muslim Perceptions of Asian Christianity: A Survey’, chapter published in The Oxford Handbook of Christianity in Asia, New York: Oxford University Press pp. 379 - 391
He is also the author of a government report:
- Islam at Universities in England: Meeting the Needs and Investing in the Future, 2007, which may be downloaded from here.
He has contributed chapters and articles to several books and journals.