Markfield Institute of Higher Education (MIHE) offers few English language courses at different levels. The courses are for those individuals whose first language is not English and who are living in the UK and want to progress into further/higher education. The course aims at helping individuals to achieve minimum English language entry requirements.
Students are taught by highly qualified and experienced tutors who have experience teaching English language to oversees students.
Our English language courses are designed to:
• help you meet the minimum language requirements needed for further/higher education
• improve your reading and writing skills
• develop your speaking and listening skills that will help you improve presentation and discussion skills
• help you learn important study skills, such as critical reading and writing, analysing and synthesising literature
• allow you to get familiarised with the Markfield Institute of Higher Education resources ahead of your intended course
We currently offer:
• General English Language
• Academic English Language
• IELTS Preparation
United Kingdom Visa and Immigration (UKVI) – English Language Requirements
All students wishing to study in the United Kingdom on a Tier 4 Visa, must ensure that they meet the required English proficiency as outlined by the UKVI. For more information about UKBA English requirements, please visit the following link.
There are many progression opportunities for students who have completed their English programmes at MIHE. Students who meet the minimum entry requirements may wish to enrol onto our BA or MA courses.
Our English language courses are priced according to level and duration. We currently offer General English course at £250.00 per week, Academic English course at £275.00 per week, as well as IELTS Preparation at £275.00 per week.