Dr Hassan obtained his MSc in International Banking from the University of Loughborough and has a PhD in Finance from the University of Durham. He has previously served as a Lecturer in Finance at the University of Brunei Darussalam from 2005-2006 and the Markfield Institute of Higher Education from 2003-2004. From 2005, Dr Hassan has been visiting Overseas Lecturer for the MSc and PhD programmes in Islamic Banking and Finance at the Trishakti University, Jakarta, Indonesia. Dr Hassan has attended more than a dozen international academic conferences and presented several papers both in Europe and Asia. Dr. Hassan has seventeen published research papers in peer reviewed journals and has authored four book chapters. Dr Hassan regularly reviews books, and has refereed research papers for academic journals and conferences. Dr Hassan was recently awarded the accolade of "Best Outstanding Referee of the Emerald Group Journal 2010".
Asset Pricing, Market Microstructure, Merger and Accusation, Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibilities, Corporate Governance, Financial Accounting, Regulation of Islamic Financial Institutions and Market; Contemporary Issues on Islamic Economics and Banking.
Recent Peer Reviewed Journal publications:
- Hassan, A et al.( 2011); “ Interest-Free Bonds Financial Innovation: A Monetary Instrument for Economy in Crisis”, Journal of Economic Cooperation and Development, Vol. 32 (1), pp. 55-70.
- Hassan, A; Harahap, S.S. (2010); " Exploring Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure The Case of Islamic Banks", International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Vol 3(3), pp. 203-227 (Emerald Group, UK).
- Hassan, A. (2009); " After the credit crunch: The future of Shari'ah compliant sustainable investing"; Humanomics, Vol. 25(4), pp..285-296, (Emerald Group).
- Hassan, A. (2009); " Corporate social responsibility of Islamic Financial Institutions and businesses: optimizing charity value", Humanomics, Vol. 25(3), pp. 177-188 ( Emerald Group)
- Hassan, A. (2009); " Risk management Practices of Islamic Banks of Brunei Darussalam", Journal of Risk Finance, Vol. 10(1), pp.23-37 (Emerald Group)
- Hassan, A; Latiff, A.A. (2008); " Rise and Fall of Knowledge Power: An In-depth Investigation", Humanomics, Vol.24 (1), pp. 17-27(Emerald Group)
- Hassan, A; Chachi, A and Latiff, S.A.(2008); " Islamic Marketing Ethics and its Impact on Customer Satisfaction in the Islamic Banking Industry", Journal of KAU Islamic Economics, Vol.21(1 ), pp. 21-36
- Hassan, A. (2006); " Islamic Social Capital and Networking", Humanomics, Vol. 22(1), Pp. 41-57( Emerald Group)
- Hassan, A; Antonious, A; Paudyal, K.(2005); " Impact of Ethical Screening on Investment Performance: The Case of the Dow Jones Islamic Index", Islamic Economics Studies , Vol. 12 &13 (2&1), Pp.67-97
• MFP211 Research Methodology in Economics and Finance
• MFP 113 Quantitative Financial Method