This online course provides knowledge seekers with a strong understanding of the legal schools of Islamic Fiqh and how they evolved over time. It briefly explores the sources of Fiqh and how these were developed by scholars who needed to respond to important issues of their time. Participants are assisted to appreciate the formation of these schools and how they are relevant today in answering modern questions for Muslims.
The course covers the following topics:
• What is Islamic Fiqh and its sources?• The principles of Fiqh and their evolution.
• The development of the four legal schools (madhahib) and their key features?
• Is Fiqh restricted to the four dominant schools?
• How relevant are the four major schools of Fiqh to contemporary times?
• What are the emerging Fiqhi issues in today’s world?